I initially enrolled in this course because I saw my educational path leading me to create a career out of education. I wanted to be a teacher within the elementary public school system. However, throughout the duration of this course, I realized that the classroom is not where I want to be. I assume that I wanted to be a teacher because that is what the ‘adults’ in my life have always told me to do. But, I have come to terms with the fact that although I love to learn and desire to continue learning for the rest of my life, I want to do it on my own terms. I do not want to spend the rest of my life inside a classroom constricted by a curriculum. My uncontrollable desire to learn about outdoor education and learning (the subject of my broader research paper) forced me to acknowledge why I wanted to research and explore that topic. I want to spend my life outdoors and exploring which are two aspects I find missing from the traditional methods of education. While I hope that this includes traveling to remote places and visiting and experiencing as many places in the world as possible, I also acknowledge that I can do that in familiar environments. One day I may be able to combine my love for exploring and the outdoors with teaching, however in the not so distant future I do not see that being the path I follow.